Saturday, November 10, 2007

a mere scarf

yet again another day rises
made sure i have
the red scarf flies
remains steady to my window
a glance to the street below
no one looking above
yet again...
a promise a decade back
when i had to walk away from him
as long as i live my scarf
shall call to him
unknown if he still remembers
yet i clench onto my childhood dream
the day drags along into the night
somehow the winds tonight seem to whisper else
far beneath an eye stares into the darkness
above searching for more than the red
my heart seems to race
could it be him after all this time?
does he still care?
a smile of recognition
time has brought more onto his face
yet his eyes do not fail me
in an instant the rains bless
a shower of petals
here on i walk beside him
here on and more
my solitary wait has bloomed.

No comments: